This scholarship was established in honor of Mary K. Mohler, on the occasion of Dr. Albert Mohler's 30th anniversary of the presidency of The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, and in recognition of her unwavering dedication to the Seminary's mission and her sacrificial service to the students of the seminary.
The scholarships are awarded on an annual basis and are divided equally between Fall and Spring semesters. Funds may be used to cover tuition, fees, books, and room & board. Recipients and award amounts are chosen by the officers of the Woman's Auxiliary. All scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Completion of the Southern Seminary Financial Aid Application by the appropriate deadline listed below.
- Select “Mary K. Mohler Scholarship” on the question asking which scholarship you are applying for.
- Student must be a full-time, female with financial need who is pursuing theological education at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary (9+ paid credit hours per semester) or in the bachelor’s program at Boyce College (12+ paid credit hours per semester.) Online students and extension center students are not eligible to apply. Students taking both on-campus and online courses are eligible to apply if enrolled in a greater number of on-campus hours than online hours.
- Students must be admitted into a degree program. Non-degree seeking students are not eligible to receive financial aid.
- Doctoral students and Seminary Track students are not eligible to apply.
- Students must maintain good academic standing for eligibility (GPA of 2.0 or higher). Students on academic warning, academic probation, or disciplinary probation are not eligible to apply.
- Students must reapply for the scholarship each year.
- Submit one letter of recommendation from an individual who can attest to your character, ministry experience, and/or past leadership.
Scholarship amounts will be determined by the officers of the Woman’s Auxiliary.
December 15th (application will open November 15)
*Please note: Not all applicants who meet the minimum eligibility requirements will be selected for the Mary K. Mohler Scholarship. Additionally, this scholarship can be combined with the General Scholarship for Boyce College and Southern Seminary.