The Southern Exchange is a collection of clothing, shoes, household goods, electronics and furniture.
Donations to The Southern Exchange are being accepted at Fuller Hall, and after hours donations may be left in the hallway.
Conveniently located on campus in Fuller Hall, Rooms 10-11. Look for the sign posted near the entrance door on the northeast corner of the building.
We are delighted to reopen and look forward to serving students and families even better than before. Please read these guidelines carefully.
- You must be a current student or student spouse/child. This will be verified by your Shield card number at checkout.
- On any given day, you may checkout with up to:
- FOUR clothing items per person
- FOUR household items per family—including toys
- TWO books per family
- Every 90 days, you may reserve a furniture item, appliance, large toy, bike, etc. We will tag what we consider to be 90 day items with a Southern Exchange tag. You must reserve these items by request from one of our volunteers. Once you are verified to be eligible, you may take the item that day but you have up to 7 days to make arrangements to pick it up. After 7 days, the reservation will be removed if the item is not picked up.
- Husbands and wives may each receive a 90 day item but children may not.
- Some especially nice 90 day items are tagged as “couples” items. These items count as a 90 day item for both the husband and the wife meaning that neither one can take another item for 90 days. We will allow 2 roommates to reserve these items as well but they are reserved under both names.
- We have limited food items in the kitchen room. We can provide additional items based on need. See a volunteer for details!
- We are open on TUESDAY-FRIDAY from 2-5 PM. We will be busy sorting on Mondays but will not be open for students.
- It is our joy to offer this ministry to SBTS and Boyce families….but it is a privilege for you to shop here. That privilege will be suspended if our policies are not followed. We require you to show us how many items you have at checkout. You must stop at the checkout every time you are taking items from The Southern Exchange.
- Our donation bins are under surveillance. Any students who take items from the hallway before they are processed will lose their privilege and be reported to the Dean of Students.