A spouse or dependent of a full-time student (3 classes totaling 9 hrs. or more for SBTS students, 12 hrs. Boyce), may be eligible for a 50% refund of net tuition charges (gross tuition charges less any Seminary-provided financial aid), subject to the following guidelines:
- This refund does not apply to additional fees, including the Student Enrollment Fee;
- Only one spouse or dependent refund is permitted for each full paying student. Students who have a full tuition benefit or SBTS scholarships that cover all tuition do not qualify.
- The 50% refund will be applied to the student with the lesser net tuition charges;
- If one student is a doctoral student billed monthly program fees, that student is the full-paying student, and the refund will be determined on the net tuition charges of the other student;
- The terms “spouse” and “dependent” are used in this policy are as they are defined for federal income tax purposes.
- The refund will be applied to the account of the student who qualifies for the refund. Credits may then be transferred to a spouses account if requested.
To qualify for this refund:
- Both students must be enrolled and first pay all tuition and fees in full (or have the Nelnet monthly payment plan) by the payment due date;
- Both students must still be enrolled at the mid-point of the semester;
- A student must apply for the refund by providing the information on this form located on the Student Tools and Account Information page on my.sbts.edu and returning it to Accounting by the stated due date. This form and its due date are also publicized each semester or term through the weekly e-mail distributed by the Towers Weekly Announcements.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please feel free to contact Accounting locally at 897-4128 or toll-free at 1-800-626-5525, extension 4128.