Q: How do I get my degree conferred?
All students must register for the GRAD or GRAD- B class in my.sbts in the semester they want to have their degree conferred.
Q: How do I apply for graduation?
Starting with the Spring 2023 graduation, we have implemented a new graduation application procedure in an effort to make the graduation process easier for students:
- If you think you may be eligible for May 2023 graduation, you will register for the GRAD course under the “Registration” tab in My.SBTS once your registration period opens. This process will replace the previous graduation application students completed. There is NO Graduation Application to complete.
- Please register for the following course depending on if you are a Boyce College Undergraduate or SBTS Master/Doctoral student. Sem-Track students must register for both GRAD and GRAD-B.
- GRAD = SBTS Master & Doctoral Students
- GRAD- B = Boyce/Undergraduate Students
- When you register, you will be waitlisted in the course. Once the Registrar reviews your account, you will receive an email from our office and be officially added to the course.
- Generally, you can expect to receive this email by October 1st for December graduation and March 1st for May graduation.
- If you have any questions, please contact Academic Records at email@example.com or 502-897-4209.
Q: When should I apply for graduation?
- Registration in the GRAD course for December graduation must be completed by September 15.
- Registration in the GRAD course for May graduation must be completed by February 15.
- Boyce College only confers degrees in May.
- Exceptions to the deadline will be considered on a case-by-case basis and may be subject to a $50 late application fee. Contact Academic Records
Q: What if I’m not sure if I meet all the degree requirements?
Contact an Academic Advisor to find out what degree requirements you need to complete.
Q: Can I still participate in graduation if I don’t meet all the degree requirements?
- Students who are within 6 (six) hours of meeting all the degree requirements may participate in the graduation ceremony as long as the remaining requirements will be met in the term following graduation (Winter term after December graduation and Summer term after May graduation.)
- It is a student’s responsibility to make sure the missing requirements are being offered in the term. Contact an Academic Advisor for more options.
- Students who have more than 6 (six) hours remaining will have to graduate in a later graduation cycle.
- Boyce College students who are within 12 hours of graduation requirements may request an exception to take classes in the following Fall semester after May graduation. This is subject to approval by the registrar.
Q: What happens after I apply for graduation?
- The registrar will e-mail your student e-mail account with the results of your graduation audit.
- If you meet all the requirements, you will be added to the Graduation class in Canvas, which will have more details on the graduation process.
- If you don’t meet all the requirements, you will receive a copy of the graduation audit that has the missing requirements. Please read the e-mail carefully to see your options.
- You should receive the e-mail within 14 days of your application submission, but that time may be longer depending on the time of year (responses will be slower at the beginning of the semester.)
Q: Will my degree be conferred if I can’t attend the graduation ceremony?
Yes, you will be listed in the graduation program as having your degree conferred in absentia.
Q: Can I have my degree conferred but attend a later ceremony?
Yes. If for some reason, you are not able to attend the graduation ceremony, you can attend a later one if you let us know your situation. Your name will not be in the graduation program for the later ceremony, but you will walk across the stage and your name will be announced.
Q: If I don’t attend the ceremony, do I have to pay the graduation fee?
Yes. All students who want to have their degree conferred must pay the graduation fee regardless of graduation attendance.
Q: What does the graduation fee pay for?
There is no cost-breakdown for the graduation fee. It is a single fee to supplement all the expenses that are part of the graduation process.
Q: When will I receive my diploma?
- Graduates who: 1) attend the ceremony; 2) will complete their degree requirements in the graduation semester and; 3) have no holds will receive their diploma at the ceremony. Degrees will not be conferred until all the degree requirements are met.
- All other graduates will be mailed their diplomas after all the degree requirements are met (grades received) and/or holds are cleared.
Q: How do I get my cap and gown for the graduation ceremony?
Students must use the links in Canvas to order their regalia after they have been added to the GRAD or GRAD- B course. After placing your order, you do not have to do anything else for regalia until pick-up the week of graduation.
For any questions not answered here, please contact the graduation coordinator.