How to Register for Classes

My SBTS is Southern Seminary’s information portal. Students may use it to update their personal information, register for courses, view and pay their tuition, view grades and order official transcripts, and access the SBTS directory. Class registration is completed through

1. Go to This website is your student portal where you can access your tuition bills, search for scholarships, and more.

2. Under “Student Tools,” complete your Student Information form by clicking on “Information Form.” The form must be filled out before you can register for any class.

3. Click on “Registration” to view the class registration page.

4. Filter by term (Summer/Fall/Winter/Spring), sub-term (for online students only), location (Louisville/Online), and school (Southern Seminary/Boyce College).

5. All Boyce College courses are two letters and 3 numbers (e.g., CP100). Master’s courses are six digit numbers from 20000-59999. Doctoral courses are six digital numbers from 80000-98999.

6. Click the blue plus “+” sign next to any course you want to enroll into. If you don’t see the plus “+” button, contact the Academic Records office for assistance.

Tel. (502) 897-4209

7. Within 24 hours, the courses you selected will be accessible through Canvas. Once in Canvas, you can access syllabi (including required textbooks), the course schedule, and contact the professor. Syllabi may not be available until a few weeks before the start of your term.

You can see a complete list of your courses on My SBTS. Find class times and locations on “My Courses” under “Student Tools.”


After you register for courses through My SBTS, you can access your courses on Canvas. In Canvas, you’ll access your syllabus (which includes your textbook list), see your assignments, and contact your professor or class grader. Watch this video to learn more about Canvas.

Frequently Asked Questions

What classes should I take?

The Office of Student Success has created a suggested sequence of study for various degrees. These plans are available here, under the helpful resources heading. Feel free to call Academic Advising at (502) 897-4680 for additional help.

How many classes or credit hours should I take?

If you want to be a full-time student you should register for 3-4 classes (9-12 hours). Part-time students usually take 6 hours (2 classes). If you are an online student, take one class each eight-week term to start and then pick up the pace if manageable.

What is the difference between WW & MD courses?

If a course number is followed by WW, that class is fully online. If a course number is followed by MD, that course is Hybrid Modular. Modular classes require two days on campus for lectures.

What if I’m undecided on my major or concentration?

The M.Div. core curriculum is large and you have time to decide how you want to use your concentration (major) courses.

Additional Information