My SBTS is Southern Seminary’s information portal. Students may use it to update their personal information, register for courses, view and pay their tuition, view grades and order official transcripts, and access the SBTS directory. Class registration is completed through my.sbts.edu.
1. Go to my.sbts.edu. This website is your student portal where you can access your tuition bills, search for scholarships, and more.
2. Under “Student Tools,” complete your Student Information form by clicking on “Information Form.” The form must be filled out before you can register for any class.
4. Filter by term (Summer/Fall/Winter/Spring), sub-term (for online students only), location (Louisville/Online), and school (Southern Seminary/Boyce College).
5. All Boyce College courses are two letters and 3 numbers (e.g., CP100). Master’s courses are six digit numbers from 20000-59999. Doctoral courses are six digital numbers from 80000-98999.
6. Click the blue plus “+” sign next to any course you want to enroll into. If you don’t see the plus “+” button, contact the Academic Records office for assistance.
Tel. (502) 897-4209
7. Within 24 hours, the courses you selected will be accessible through Canvas. Once in Canvas, you can access syllabi (including required textbooks), the course schedule, and contact the professor. Syllabi may not be available until a few weeks before the start of your term.
After you register for courses through My SBTS, you can access your courses on Canvas. In Canvas, you’ll access your syllabus (which includes your textbook list), see your assignments, and contact your professor or class grader. Watch this video to learn more about Canvas.
What classes should I take?
How many credit hours do I need to be a full-time student?
Full-time status for doctoral students is 1 credit hour in the Fall or Spring semester. Full-time status for MDiv-MA students is 9 credit hours in the Fall or Spring semester. Full-time status for undergraduate students is 12 hours in the Fall or Spring semester.
What is the difference between WW & MD courses?
If a course number is followed by WW, that class is fully online. If a course number is followed by MD, that course is Hybrid Modular. Modular classes require two days on campus for lectures.
What if I’m undecided on my major or concentration?
Contact an academic advisor in the for assistance with your degree program or call (502) 897-4680.