Auditing of classes provides an opportunity for individuals to attend class lectures to gain knowledge and are exempted from the course requirements to earn a letter grade.
Audited courses will appear on the individual transcript with a grade of NC (no credit.)
Requests to audit a class may be made under the following conditions:
- Auditors must be an Alum or current student. Persons who have never taken classes here must apply for admission as a non-degree student.
- Only on-campus classes can be audited. Requests to audit internet and modular courses (WW, MD) will not be considered.
- Auditors will submit the Audit Request Form at least 2 weeks prior to the start of the class.
- Audits are subject to professor permission and enrollment availability. Auditors will be enrolled 1 week before the class starts if there are seats available.
- Cost is $50 per credit hour (no enrollment fee.)
- Apply for admission as non-degree student (if needed.)
- Complete Audit Request Form.
- Academic Records will:
- Forward the request to the professor for approval to audit the course.
- Preregister the student for the course. This will temporarily hold a seat. If the class is full, the auditor will be waitlisted for the class.
- Check course enrollment one week before the class starts; the auditor will be registered and billed for the class if there is an available seat.