The employee in this position will have the following essential job functions:
- Oversee all video productions for the seminary
- Conceptualize, plan, produce, and publish several videos per year for Southern Seminary including promotional videos for conferences, admissions videos, video greetings and other projects s needed by the President’s office, and production of online education classes
- Confers with clients to determine program needs, identify production options, assist with script development and determine overall program content
- Write, either individually or as a member of a team, and edit scripts for video and audio productions
- Serve as “producer” in the production of video and audio programs conducting research, developing scripts, scheduling production activity, coordinating set production, props and costume acquisition, and assuring an overall production schedule is maintained
- Act as technical director to schedule shoots, set up and operate cameras, lighting equipment, teleprompter, wireless microphones and other audio equipment, and monitor and adjust equipment during recording/taping sessions
- Edit raw video, select music, design digital video effects and create graphics
- Distribute videos on YouTube, Vimeo, etc.
Performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.