The employee in this position will have the following essential job functions:
- Works flexible, and, when necessary, long hours; evening, weekend, and holiday hours are typical
- Schedule housekeeping staff on a weekly basis
- Maintain inventory of linens, cleaning supplies, etc., and submit requests for purchase of said inventory
- Train new housekeepers and coach housekeepers as they grow in their positions
- Continually look for ways to improve and maintain the cleanliness and appearance of the hotel
- Plan, schedule, and oversee regular seasonal projects such as replacing curtains, cleaning window exteriors, deep-cleaning rooms, etc.
- Clean guest rooms including vacuuming, changing linens, dusting, windows, carpet, and bathrooms
- Clean public areas such as lobby, walkways, restrooms and conference areas
- Occasionally perform minor maintenance
- Communicate frequently with hotel staff and other departments
- Assist guests as necessary
Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.