The incumbent will be required to fulfill of the following essential functions:
- Partner with SBTS faculty and staff as well as Southern Seminary Foundation Directors and Associates, to develop lasting donor relationships.
- Cultivate existing donor relationships for the purpose of building sustained annual giving to the Southern Fund.
- Locate and identify prospective donors through effective and respectful networking initiatives.
- Encourage past donors to re-engage in supporting Southern’s annual fund.
- Follow-up with donor leads generated by various events and fund-raising campaigns.
- Utilize a variety of direct solicitation methods including telephone, email, and social media to strategically develop and cultivate donor relationships.
- Coordinate a steady schedule of personal meetings with current and prospective donors for the purpose of sharing the SBTS narrative and appealing for Southern Fund donations.
- Represent Southern Seminary during major life events of our donor base (i.e. hospitalizations, weddings, funerals, new children, etc.) where welcomed and appropriate.
- Participate in various denominational events (i.e. SBC and state conventions, conferences, etc.), representing Southern Seminary.
- Support the Advancement office in a variety of events including: Alumni Academies and SBTS partnership conferences (i.e. T4G, TGC, Ligonier, etc.).
- Travel out of town to various donor and alumni events, and appropriate professional development seminars (as necessary and approved).
- Possess strong, professional interpersonal skills with the proven ability to speak in large group settings to internal and external constituents.
- Proven track record of effective time management and self-motivation.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Successful incumbents in this position must understand that they are always representing the Gospel, the administration and faculty, and the student body and alumni of Southern Seminary. Therefore, the incumbent must maintain a high level of Christian integrity in all employment practices and relationships with a mind for always being “above reproach.”