Move-Out Process Questions
- How do I check out of student housing?
- To check out of the residence halls at the end of the semester, you must first leave your room clean and empty of any personal belongings (unless given permission for personal belongings to remain).
- After you have moved out of your room and locked the door, you must go to the Student Housing office to fill out a check-out form on the desktop computer and return your key to one of our employees.
- For instructions on checking out after business hours, please see the question, “Can I check out after hours?
- How do I check out when I am not planning to live on-campus again?
- Please follow the same procedure listed above, but note in the checkout form that you will not be returning, and follow the prompts to provide any additional details.
- What happens if I do not check out correctly?
- It is imperative for the safety of our students and accuracy of our records that you complete the check-out process correctly. Fines will be assessed for students who neglect to check out properly. Improper check outs include, but are not limited to:
- Checking out of campus housing after published deadline
- Checking out and returning a key not assigned to you at the beginning of the semester (or checking out for someone else)
- Not returning your key to Student Housing or Campus Police prior to leaving campus
- Not completing the check-out form prior to leaving campus
- Completing the check out form and returning your key, but continuing to occupy your previously assigned room
- Can I check out after hours?
- If you need to check out on a weekend or after business hours (business hours are 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM on weekdays), you can use the checkout form on the computer in the Campus Police office. There is a drop box there for your key, as well. Please make sure to both submit a checkout form and correctly return your key in order to avoid improper checkout fines.
**The Campus Police office is open 24-hours a day. For safety measures, the exterior door is locked at all times, so you will need to ring the bell in order to gain access**