Campus Police does not register bicycles, however, there are rules and regulations that apply to all bicycles that are parked on the Southern and Boyce Campus.
- All bicycles must be parked in designated bicycle racks or approved parking areas.
- Bicycles found not in designated racks or approved parking areas will be subject to impound.
- Campus Police Officers are authorized to cut locks and chains on bicycles parked in undesignated areas.
- Campus Police will hold all impounded bicycles for a minimum of 30 days.
- Bicycle owners seeking to claim a bicycle must provide a Shield Card or a valid government issued ID as well as a description of the bicycle, to include where the bicycle was located at the time of impound.
- Bicycles found to be in disrepair or in an inoperable condition, regardless of location, will be tagged with a 72 hour notice. If Campus Police Officers find the bicycle to still be in an inoperable condition after a 72 hour period, the bicycle will be subject to impound.
All bicycles which have been in impound for more than 30 days will be considered abandoned property. Campus Police has partnered with Northeast Christian Church and the Trikes for Tikes program to donate all abandoned bicycles. Anyone wishing to contact the Trikes for Tikes program can reach them at (502) 295-5351, (502) 767-3855, or online at www.trikesfortikesky.org