These rules and regulations have been developed to control traffic and parking for everyone using the roadways and parking lots of Southern Seminary and Boyce College.
Obtaining a Parking Permit
- Any student or employee who operates a vehicle on the property of SBTS/Boyce must have a parking permit.
- Alumni, guests/visitors, and SWI students while attending class, are not required to obtain a parking permit. NOTE: Married couples get a second permit, free of charge.
- Student permits are $50 and may be obtained online by clicking here.
- Faculty, staff and full-time employees must register their vehicle online.
- Non-student, part-time employees must obtain their parking permit by going to the Campus Police office.
- Permit purchases are non-refundable. Be sure to check permit color/status before purchasing. Contact Campus Police if you are unable to register for the correct parking permit before purchasing.
- Replacement permits cost $10 and can only be obtained by coming to the Campus Police Office.
- Obtaining a parking permit authorizes a person to park on campus in designated areas, it does not guarantee a parking space. The lack of a space in any area at any time is not a valid excuse for violating these regulations.
Properly Displaying a Permit
- A parking permit is valid only when it is properly adhered on the lower-left corner of the rear windshield. Please be sure to remove your previous parking permit before placing a new permit on your vehicle. If you do not remove your previous permit, you must place the new permit directly above the older one.
- Motorcycles are required to display a parking permit.
Renewing a Parking Permit
- It is the responsibility of the permit holder to renew his or her permit at the time of its expiration, as indicated by month and year on the permit.
- Permits are non-transferable and must stay on the vehicle to which it was registered.
- Parking permits may be revoked for non-payment of fines or repeat offenses.
Parking on Campus
- All SBTS/Boyce parking lots are assigned to a particular permit type. Students and employees are to utilize parking lots that correspond to their permit type. Information on permit types can be found on signage at the entrance to each lot as well as parking maps available on the Campus Police webpage. Additionally, see the section “Color of Permits” below for further information.
- Handicapped parking is permitted across campus provided the vehicle displays a permit issued by any local or state governmental agency.
- Boats, RVs, trailers, campers, or any other vehicles used for recreational purposes are not to be parked on SBTS/Boyce property without approval from Campus Police. Overnight stays in any conveyance or trailer on SBTS/Boyce property is prohibited.
- Thirty-minute parking spaces are strictly enforced and are designated for persons who need to conduct limited business with SBTS/Boyce.
- Parking restrictions are enforced Monday-Friday from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m., with the exception of dorm and residential lots and specifically marked spots (i.e., handicapped, reserved, Facilities, 30-minute parking, etc.) which are enforced 24/7.
As a courtesy to SBTS/Boyce’s neighbors—students, employees and guests are strongly encouraged not to park their vehicles on the residential streets adjacent to the campus. Those streets include Godfrey, Aubert, Upland, Pleasantview, and Meadowlark Avenues.
- Applicable traffic laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky are in effect at all times.
- The speed limit on SBTS/Boyce roads is 15 mph unless otherwise posted.
- Pedestrians have the right of way at all intersections and crosswalks whether marked or unmarked.
Long Term Parking
- Long term parking can be requested for vehicles being left unattended for more than 10 days. Campus Police require a Long Term Parking form to be submitted along with a set of the owner’s vehicle keys while it is unattended. Contact Campus Police for form information.
Modular/seminar students visiting campus can obtain a temporary parking permit at the Campus Police office during business hours. Please bring the following information:
- Vehicle Make, Model, Year, and Color
- Vehicle License Plate Number and State
- Driver’s License
- Date of Birth and Southern/Boyce ID Number
Visitors staying on campus longer than 3 days and who are not guests of Legacy Hotel are required to obtain a temporary parking permit. Please contact the Campus Police office during business hours.
- Vehicles parked in violation of parking rules and regulations are subject to being towed or immobilized at the owner’s expense.
- Vehicles with a revoked permit or in violation of fire lanes, fire hydrants, or handicapped parking may be towed at the owner’s expense.
- SBTS/Boyce may tow, at the owner’s expense, any vehicle deemed abandoned or inoperable by Campus Police.
Number of Vehicles Allowed
- Married couples may receive a second permit, free of charge, once the first permit has been purchased. Vehicles must be registered under the current student, not the spouse.
- Single students are limited to one vehicle.
Color of Permits
- Red: Faculty/Staff (Lots 1, 2, 9, 15, and all other lots)
- Blue: Full Time Hourly Employees (Lots 1, 2, 9, 15, and all other lots)
- Yellow: Commuter Students/Part-time Employees/Adjunct Professors (Lots 10, 11, 12, 14, 16, 17)
- Orange: Dorm Residents of Mullins/Fuller/Carver (Lots 4, 7, 8, 10a, 13, 14)
- Green: Grinstead Residents (Lots 10, 11, 16, 17, 18)
- Purple: Apartment Residents of Samuels/Foster/Springdale (Lots 3, 5, 6, 19)
*Please note that Lot 2 is for Faculty/Staff, Full Time Employees, and Guests only.
- Parking in a Restricted Area | $25.00
- No Permit Displayed/Expired Permit | $75.00
- Invalid or Improper Display of Permit | $25.00
- No Parking Zone/Not a Parking Space | $25.00
- Overtime Limit Parking | $25.00
- Handicapped Parking | $75.00
- Disregarding Traffic Control Device | $25.00
- Blocking Dumpster | $75.00
- Fire Lane Violation | $75.00
- Blocking Fire Hydrant | $75.00
- Moving violation/Speeding | $75.00
*Citations not paid within 30 days will receive an additional $10 fee and will result in a hold placed on the student’s account. Citations and fines can be viewed and paid here – Campus Police Ticket Payment. In order to view a citation, the individual will need their citation #, which is located on the printed ticket left by the officer.
- Student Yearly Parking Permit | $50.00
- Permits Purchased Between Jan. 1st-May 31st | $25.00
- Permit Replacement Fee | $10.00
- A person receiving a citation may appeal the citation online at https://www.permitsales.net/TSBTS.
- Appeals must be made no more than 10 days after the issue date of the citation.
To Avoid Parking Tickets
- It is the permit holder’s responsibility to be aware of approved parking.
- Properly display your permit on the vehicle.
- If you lend a car to a friend, you are still responsible. Make sure the friend knows where to park.
- Allow enough time to find a parking space.
- Renew your permit before it expires.