The Ph.D. in Christian Ethics with an emphasis on Public Theology is a new modular doctoral course of study offered by Southern Seminary. In this degree, students will complete courses in ethics, public policy, and public theology while taking seminars in Louisville, KY, Washington, D.C., and Nashville, TN.
Professors available to supervise students in this area include:
The students majoring in Ethics & Public Policy will need to take 5 seminars for their major, and three seminars in their Th.M. minor.
3 Courses in Ethics
- Methods and Cases in Social Ethics
- Biblical Ethics
- Apologetical Ethics
- Contemporary Theological Ethics
2 Courses in Public Policy/Public Theology
- Contemporary Issues in Public Policy
- Public Theology
To complete this degree, students will:
- Complete 6 seminars and 2 colloquia in Louisville
- Complete 2 seminars and 2 colloquia with the ERLC (1 seminar and 1 colloquium in Nashville; 1 seminar and 1 colloquium in Washington, D.C.)
- Complete all other PhD requirements
- Be responsible for all costs associated with travel to the various class locations
If you are interested in applying for the Ph.D. in this area of study, learn more about the Admissions Process. To prepare for the entrance exam in this area of study, consult the study guide.
View all Ph.D. Concentrations