The VA confirmed that we would not receive another waiver to continue processing VA benefits at the institution. However, the VA committed to covering our current students (those enrolled and already using benefits at Boyce or STBS by the Spring 2023 semester) through the ends of their programs or the end of their benefits (whichever comes first).
Do not forget the requirements given by the VA to continue receiving your benefits:
- Currently enrolled students “will be allowed to continue training through the end of their program, provided they remain consistently enrolled (they cannot sit out a semester or a year based off your school’s current academic calendar).” This does not include the summer or winter semesters.
- Current students cannot change degree programs.
Please remember to fill out the following form each semester you are enrolled in order to continue receiving your VA benefits:
- SBTS Veteran Certification Request Form to be submitted each semester**
**We highly recommend submitting the Veteran Certification Request Form at least one month prior to the opening of billing in order to receive tuition benefits prior to the payment due date. During peak financial aid seasons please allow for at least two weeks processing from the time your request is submitted to the Financial Aid Office.
- Fall Term – June 15th
- Winter Term – November 15th
- Spring Term – December 15th
- Summer Term – April 15th
For specific questions regarding benefits, please contact the VA at 1.888.442.4551, or visit the GI® Bill Web Site.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.