The Nick Challies Memorial Scholarship is available for Canadian students enrolled at Southern Seminary and/or Boyce College. The fund will award up to five (5) annual scholarships to qualified students. Scholarships are awarded on an annual basis and are divided equally between Fall and Spring semesters. All scholarships will be given on first-come, first-served basis.
- Priority will be given to students from Canada who can make a good faith pledge to serve the Lord, Jesus Christ in Canada upon graduation.
- Students must be admitted into a bachelor’s or master’s degree program. Non-degree seeking students are not eligible to receive institutional financial aid.
- Students must be enrolled at Southern Seminary and Boyce College pursuing a degree in the Sem-Track program, Theology, Missions, Evangelism, or Ministry (Biblical Counseling, Christian Education, Church Ministries, Leadership, Discipleship and Family Ministry, Worship, and Church Music).
- Students must be enrolled full-time (9+ paid credit hours) and must be taking courses at the Louisville campus. Online students are not eligible to apply. Students taking both on-campus and Internet courses simultaneously are eligible to apply if enrolled in a greater number of on-campus hours than on-line hours.
- Student must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Students must maintain good academic standing for eligibility. Students on academic warning, academic probation, or disciplinary probation are not eligible to apply.
- To apply, students must submit the following:
- Complete the Challies Memorial Scholarship application located here.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from individuals who can attest to your ministry experience and/or past leadership demonstration.
- New and Continuing Students: June 1.