- The Diploma Program is designed for candidates who have not completed or earned an accredited Bachelor’s degree. They must give proof of high school graduation by submitting a high school transcript, General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or equivalency. Candidates must be over 30 years of age. Younger applicants are encouraged to complete an undergraduate degree prior to seminary or to apply to Boyce College, the undergraduate school of Southern Seminary.
- A minimum of one year of church membership.
- For applicants whose native language is not English, an official score report of TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with a minimum acceptable score of 83 (internet-based) or 220 (computer based). Scores may not be more than 3 years old.
- Students in the Diploma Program within the School of Theology or Billy Graham School complete any of the M.Div. curricular concentrations with the exception of the Hebrew and Greek requirements.
- Students pursuing a Diploma in the School of Church Ministries may choose the Diploma in Worship Leadership or Diploma in Church Ministries.
- If the applicant has 24 or more college hours, a high school transcript or GED transcript is no longer required.
- Any additional items requested by the Admissions Committee in order for the Committee to obtain a more in-depth profile of the applicant.