Diploma in Theology
A Diploma in Theology program is offered for students who cannot enroll in a master’s degree program because they do not have a baccalaureate degree. Candidates must be at least 30 years of age to be admitted to the Diploma in Theology program.
Students who complete 24 hours of master’s credits and have at least a 3.0 GPA may request admission to a master’s degree by submitting the degree change request.
To graduate with a Diploma in Theology, the student must complete the requirements for any one of the Master of Divinity curricular concentrations with the exception of the language requirement of Hebrew and Greek, and must earn a minimum of 85 credit hours.
- Students will be able to demonstrate a growing, Christlike character and a sense of God’s calling to ministry.
- Students will be able to understand the Christian worldview and have a global vision for fulfilling the Great Commission.
- Students will be able to demonstrate significant knowledge of the Bible, interpret Scripture’s original meaning, and apply Scripture to contemporary situations.
- Students will be able to integrate systematic and historical theology into a larger biblical framework.
- Students will be able to display a biblical vision for ministry and lead with humble authority.
- Students will be able to preach/ teach Scripture clearly and passionately so as to engage the mind and move the heart.