Health and Rec Center Policies
Current SBTS & Boyce Students, SBTS & Boyce Employees
Current students at SBTS and Boyce, and SBTS and Boyce employees (part-time and full-time) have full access to the Health and Recreation Center and its amenities. In addition, spouses and dependents (17 years old and under) of those mentioned above also have full access to the Health and Recreation Center. An orientation waiver will need to be submitted at the front desk upon the first visit for adults 18+ years old. Parents/legal guardians must submit a Parent Release Waiver for any dependents between 12-17 to use the Health and Rec Center without a supervising adult. Dependents 12 – 17 years of age will also need to visit the Campus Police department to get a shield card for access to the Health and Rec Center.
Graduated Alumni are granted free membership. Seminary shield cards are required in order to enter the Health and Recreation Center. Campus Police creates new cards for spouse and legal dependents (17 years old and under) of graduated alumni.
Legacy Hotel Guests
Legacy Hotel guests are invited to visit the Health and Recreation Center for free during their stay. All guests must bring their room key with them to the recreation center. Visitors have free towel service and access to our many activities. Modest dress is required: see policies.
Seminary Trustees and Foundation Board Members
All seminary trustees and foundation board members have full access to the Health and Recreation Center and its amenities. Visit the Campus Police department to receive a shield card for access to the Health & Rec Center. Trustees and board members also receive free towel service.
Employees of Sodexo and Pioneer Food Services, along with their spouses and dependents (17 years old and under), have full access to the Health and Recreation Center. Spouses & dependents must request a shield card from Campus Police for access.
*Community & Interrupted status memberships are available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- Children under 12 must be with an adult (18 or older) at all times while in the Recreation Center.
- 12-15 year olds must be with a parent or legal guardian (18 or older) in the weight room.
- No children are allowed in the weight room or CrossFit Box.
- Teens 17 years and older may attend group fitness classes.
- Adults (16 years and older) have unrestricted access throughout the facility.
- Parents are responsible for their children while in the locker rooms. Children 6 and older are not allowed in the opposite gender locker rooms.
- Dependents of SBTS/Boyce staff & students 18 years old or older do not have access to the Health & Rec Center. Dependents 18+ years can apply for a Community Membership.
- Children under 12 must be with an adult in the swimming pool at all times regardless of swimming ability.
- A parent must be within arm’s reach of a child who cannot swim at least 15 yards unassisted.
- Children 16 and under are not permitted to use the Whirlpool.
Check in Procedure
All guests must present a SBTS/Boyce ID card, student ID number, or Legacy Hotel key card at the front desk to gain access to the facility. Guests must bring their shield card to open the glass doors and enter the center.
HRC Dress Code
The purpose of the HRC Dress Code is to promote Christian virtue, gospel living, and love for one another in the way that we dress. By defining clear guidelines for appropriate dress, we support the principles of Christian modesty and godly discernment for the purpose of loving one another.
- Modest apparel is expected in all areas of the HRC
- Apparel with inappropriate language or pictures are not permitted
- With the exception of the pool area, shoes are required in all areas of the HRC. Closed toe shoes are required in the weight room
- Shirts that cover the chest and midriff must be worn at all times
- No form-fitting or excessively loose tank-tops
- Excessively short or form fitting shorts are not permitted
- Yoga pants are permitted
- Shirts must be worn at all times
- Tank tops are permitted
- Modest swimming attire such as one-piece suits or tankini swimsuits that cover the chest and midriff is required
- Bikinis are prohibited
- Loose fitting swim shorts are required
- Spandex briefs (“Speedos”) are prohibited
All guests must be hosted by a SBTS/Boyce affiliate (student, student spouse, employee etc.) and must stay with their host during their visit. A waiver will need to be signed from the guest and SBTS/Boyce host.
Three guests per visit or one family group are welcomed per visit.
Groups of 4 or more people must get prior approval from the HRC director or administrative assistant. Email email@example.com for questions.
Guests under 18 will need to have a Parent Release Waiver signed by a parent of legal guardian. That waiver may be filled in advance by the parent here.
SBTS/Boyce employees and employee spouses may host guests without cost.
SBTS/Boyce students and Alumni may host a guest at a cost of $5 per person.
Out of town guests are free and must present their out of town driver’s license or ID card.
Children under the age of 11 are free.
All active and non-active military will receive the following benefits:
- Free guests (3 guests per visit)
- Free towel service
- Free locker rental (any size)
- Free game rentals
A military ID must be presented at the front desk to qualify for the benefits listed above.