Health and Rec Center Policies
- Children under 12 must be with an adult (18 or older) at all times while in the Recreation Center.
- 12-15 year olds must be with a parent or legal guardian (18 or older) in the weight room.
- No children are allowed in the weight room.
- Adults (16 years and older) have unrestricted access.
- Parents are responsible for their children while in the locker rooms. Children 6 and older are not allowed in the opposite gender locker rooms.
- Dependents of SBTS/Boyce staff & students 19 years old or older do not have access to the Health & Rec Center. Dependents 19+ years can apply for a Community Membership.
- Children under 12 must be with an adult in the swimming pool at all times regardless of swimming ability.
- A parent must be within arm’s reach of a child who cannot swim at least 15 yards unassisted.
- Children 16 and under are not permitted to use the Whirlpool.
Check in Procedure
All guests must present a SBTS/Boyce ID card, student ID number, or Legacy Hotel key card at the front desk to gain access to the facility.
Current SBTS & Boyce Students, SBTS & Boyce Employees
Current students at SBTS and Boyce, and SBTS and Boyce employees (part-time and full-time) have full access to the Health and Recreation Center and its amenities. In addition, spouses and dependents (17 years old and under) of those mentioned above also have full access to the Health and Recreation Center. Parents/legal guardians must submit a Parent Release Waiver for any dependents between 12-17 to use the Health and Rec Center without a supervising adult. Dependents will also need to visit the Campus Police department to get a shield card for access to the Health and Rec Center.
Interrupted Status Membership
The purpose of the interrupted status membership is only for students taking one semester off from study that still want access to the Health and Rec Center. This membership cannot be extended into a second consecutive semester. Submit your application here. Applying is not a guarantee of membership.
Graduated Alumni are granted free membership.
Seminary shield cards are required in order to enter the Health and Recreation Center. Campus Police creates new cards for spouse and legal dependents (17 years old and under) of graduated alumni.
Legacy Hotel Guests
Legacy Hotel guests are invited to visit the Health and Recreation Center for free during their stay. All guests must bring their room key with them to the recreation center. Visitors have free towel service and access to our many activities. Modest dress is required: see policies.
Seminary Trustees and Foundation Board Members
All seminary trustees and foundation board members have full access to the Health and Recreation Center and its amenities. Visit the Campus Police department to receive a shield card for access to the Health & Rec Center. Trustees and board members also receive free towel service.
Employees of Lifeway, Sodexo, and Pioneer Food Services, along with their spouses and dependents (17 years old and under), have full access to the Health and Recreation Center. Spouses & dependents must request a shield card from Campus Police for access.
Purpose Statement: The purpose of the HRC Dress Code is to promote Christian virtue, gospel living, and love for one another in the way that we dress.
• Modesty: Modesty is a virtue that shows love to others and brings glory to God through appropriate dress.
• Discernment: Discernment is the process of making careful decisions in our thinking about truth.
• Our goal is to provide a structure that will support the principles of Christian modesty and godly discernment for the purpose of loving one another.
• Modest apparel is expected.
• Apparel with inappropriate language or pictures are not permitted.
• Shirts must be worn at all times.
• No form-fitting or excessively loose tank-tops.
• Shorts should be at a length and fit that is body-shape appropriate.
• Yoga pants are permitted.
• Shirts must be worn in all areas except the pool or locker room.
• Tank tops are permitted.
All guests must be hosted by a SBTS/Boyce affiliate (student, student spouse, employee etc.) and must stay with their host during their visit. A waiver will need to be signed from the guest and SBTS/Boyce host.
Three guests per visit or one family group are welcomed per visit.
SBTS/Boyce employees and employee spouses may host guests without cost.
SBTS/Boyce students and Alumni may host a guest at a cost of $5 per person.
Out of town guests are free and must present their out of town driver’s license or ID card.
Children under the age of 11 are free.