The employee in this position will have the following essential job functions:
- Coordinate exhibit project budgets, schedules and resources.
- Develop and implement exhibit policies, procedures and quality standards.
- Review and approve the creation of exhibits to include the designs, concepts and sample layouts based on knowledge of design principles and aesthetic design concepts.
- Consult with staff and library specialists to discuss projects and design.
- Manage the development of exhibits and their layouts.
- Research, design and create educational and informative exhibits to feature the institution’s cultural and historical collections.
- Inspect all work during production to ensure quality standards are met, conservatorial techniques are utilized, and structural integrity is maintained.
- Plan, develop, coordinate and monitor the production of multiple concurrent exhibit and gallery projects meeting aesthetic and conservatorial standards, and time and budget allowances.