The employee in this position will have the following essential job functions:
- Works flexible hours and, when necessary, long hours. Evening, weekend and holiday hours are typical.
- Assists in training new housekeepers
- Continually looks for ways to improve and maintain the cleanliness and appearance of the hotel
- Assists in regular seasonal projects such as replacing curtains, cleaning window exteriors, and deep-cleaning rooms, etc., as assigned
- Cleans guest rooms including vacuuming, changing linens, dusting, windows, carpet and bathrooms
- Cleans public areas such as lobby, walkways, restrooms and conference areas
- Picks up paper and other debris from grounds
- Empties trash and takes to dumpster
- Performs minor maintenance such as light bulb replacement
- Communicates frequently with hotel staff
- Assists guests as needed
- Assists Lead Housekeeper as needed
- Acts as shift leader as scheduled
Performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.