The employee in this position will have the following essential job functions:
- Must prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Is an effective communicator and is characterized by interpersonal skills that convey professionalism and confidence to the client.
- Consults with clients, internal and external, to determine objectives and requirements for events such as conferences, retreats, and meetings
- Meets with clients to plan the scope and format of events
- Understands and assigns event space achieve effective use of resources
- Monitors event activities to ensure client safety and compliance with applicable regulations and laws.
- Plans and implements event details including, but not limited to, hotel accommodations, meeting room assignment, room set-up, media, dining, signage, decorations, security, registration, marketing, printing, transportation, and off-site activities.
- Negotiates with off-campus vendors to secure hotel rooms and for rental items such as staging and other equipment.
- Inspect facilities to ensure they conform to client expectations.
- Reviews invoices from vendors to ensure accuracy
- Maintains detailed records of each assigned event
Person will perform other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.