The employee in this position will have the following essential job functions:
- Train library assistants to provide essential services including shelving, website maintenance, customer service and phones, printers, and other patron services
- Serve as leader and trainer for circulation assistants by demonstrating the highest quality of service to library patrons
- Prepare and coordinate the work schedules of circulation assistants, and other library staff if requested by the Associate Librarian
- Assist patrons in utilizing services and resources with efficiency, courtesy, patience and skill
- Answer incoming telephone calls to the Circulation Desk, and addressing basic questions concerning library services and patron accounts
- Help in maintaining an atmosphere in the library conducive to research and study
- Create new accounts and resolve patron account issues as necessary
- Manually keep records and perform duties which are not automated
- Coordinate the preparation of course reserve materials
- Coordinate the sending of circulation notices
- Coordinate the library’s services to faculty
- Coordinate the search for lost and missing items
Position may be required to work some nights and weekends as assigned by the Associate Librarian or Librarian.
Performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.