The open position is for night shift, 7pm – 7am with a rotating schedule.
The employee in this position will have the following essential job functions:
- Provide professional, trained armed security 24/7 for all seminary personnel, guests and visitors as well as seminary property, i.e. buildings, equipment, intellectual property
- Must be able to pass a seminary approved firearm qualification course
- Manage building access control systems including lock/unlock protocols and key control
- Maintain regular but random patrols of the campus throughout each shift
- Provide special armed security service for Chapel, graduation and other events held on campus
- Effectively and efficiently interact with all members of the seminary community as well as its guests and visitors; utilize effective crowd techniques; and deal professionally and firmly with protestors and individuals(s) intent on harming persons or property
- Make decisions that can/will affect the constitutional rights of individuals established by the U.S. Constitution and/or federal, state and local regulations
- Interact professionally and efficiently with outside agencies (federal, state, local) when situations require their presence and assistance
- Must be able to pass a seminary approved CPA/First Aid/AED course
Performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.