The employee in this position will have the following essential job functions:
- Collaborate with course designers and the Director of Instructional Design to facilitate the production needs of a large number of courses per year.
- Work with the Director of Southern Productions and the Manager of Creative Video Production to develop, coordinate, and maintain the video production schedule
- Serve as a liaison between Video Communications and Online Learning by meeting regularly with the Director of Instructional Design and Instructional Designers.
- Direct videographers and technicians in production requirements, including editing and filming policies and practices
- Manage the schedules and workload of all online learning videographers to complete the production of each video course in a timely and efficient manner and to meet the annual quota for online video course production
- Supervise the labor hours of all online learning part-time staff according to budgetary constraints and institutional guidelines
- Promote excellence in video production through the oversight of on-location site selection, design and construction of online learning studio sets, classroom capture production enhancements, and technical training for part-time employees
- Schedule and oversee the performance of live video technicians for classroom capture Perform additional videographer duties as needed such as:
- Confer with clients to determine project needs, identify production options, assist with content development and determine overall project approach
- Act as producer to schedule shoots, manage budgets, ensure resource availability, and coordinate with talent
- Set up and operate cameras, lighting equipment, teleprompter, microphones, and monitor and adjust equipment during recording/taping sessions
- Execute entire post-production pipeline, including editing, music selection, color correction, basic digital effects and basic text graphic creation
- Distribute videos on online platforms such as YouTube, Twitter, etc. o Assist in departmental efforts such as inventory management, studio maintenance set construction, large event shoots, and assisting in institutional priority projects.
Performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.