The employee in this position will have the following essential job functions:
- Coordinate the research doctoral admissions process including field essay preparation and proctoring, faculty interview coordination, and decision letter preparation
- Handle administrative tasks for all research doctoral degrees
- Facilitate orientation for incoming research doctoral students
- Communicate with students to answer questions and offer academic advising
- Keep regular office hours
- Answer phones
- Coordinate all aspects of the dissertation process including prospectus approval, oral defense hearings, and final dissertation submission
- Carry out special projects or perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Research Doctoral Studies or the Associate Vice President for Doctoral Studies
- Aid the Director with recruitment process
- Aid the Director with new program development
- Facilitate files and records for the respective programs in RDS
- Serve as office receptionist, greeting guests and assisting students
- Maintain the Director of Research Doctoral Studies schedule for student appointments
- Work with Academic Records and Accounting offices for RDS registration, payment schedules, etc.
- Coordinate travel, honoraria requests, etc. for guest speakers in the RDS program
- Process all payments related to RDS such as seminar payments and doctoral supervision, etc.
- Assist in preparing and coordinating publicity for RDS programs
Performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.