10 Books for Pastors
Recently, R. Albert Mohler Jr., president of Southern Seminary, published a list of 10 books he thinks every pastor should read in 2013. Mohler’s list appears in the March- April issue of Preaching Magazine.
1. The Juvenilization of American Christianity (Eerdmans), Thomas E. Bergler
2. Sojourners and Strangers: The Doctrine of the Church (Crossway), Gregg R. Allison
3. Reading the Gospels Wisely: A Narrative and Theological Introduction (Baker Academic), Jonathan T. Pennington
4. Christ-Centered Biblical Theology: Hermeneutical Foundations and Principles (InterVarsity Press), Graeme Goldsworthy;
5. Through the Eye of a Needle: Wealth, the Fall of Rome, and the Making of Christianity in the West, 350-550 AD (Princeton University Press), Peter Brown;
6. Coming Apart: The State of White America, 1960-2010 (Crown Forum), Charles Murray;
7. The Intolerance of Tolerance (Eerdmans), D.A. Carson;
8. Bad Religion: How We Became a Nation of Heretics (Free Press), Ross Douthat;
9. God Is Love: A Biblical and Systematic Theology (Crossway), Gerald Bray; and
10. Delighting in the Trinity: an Introduction to the Christian Faith (InterVarsity Press), Michael Reeves.