Master of Divinity
The Master of Divinity is the foundational graduate degree program for ministry preparation offered by the Billy Graham School. The program of study is designed to give the student comprehensive knowledge in biblical and theological studies for the purpose of applying that knowledge in the practice of missions, evangelism and ministry. The following core curriculum applies to all Billy Graham School Master of Divinity concentrations (except Worship Leadership).
- Students will be able to demonstrate a growing, Christlike character and a sense of God’s calling to ministry.
- Students will be able to understand the Christian worldview and have a global vision for fulfilling the Great Commission.
- Students will be able to demonstrate significant knowledge of the Bible, interpret Scripture’s original meaning, and apply Scripture to contemporary situations.
- Students will be able to integrate systematic and historical theology into a larger biblical framework.
- Students will be able to display a biblical vision for ministry and lead with humble authority.
- Students will be able to preach/teach Scripture clearly and passionately so as to engage the mind and move the heart.
- Students will be able to describe the role of the local church in fulfilling the Great Commission.
|31980||Written Communication (if required)*||(2)|
|Biblical and Theological Studies (45 hours)|
|20200||Introduction to the Old Testament I||3|
|20220||Introduction to the Old Testament II||3|
|20440||Hebrew Syntax and Exegesis or||3|
|22440||Greek Syntax and Exegesis1|
|22200||Introduction to the New Testament I||3|
|22220||Introduction to the New Testament II||3|
|25100||Introduction to Church History I||3|
|25120||Introduction to Church History II||3|
|26200||Southern Baptist Heritage and Mission||3|
|27060||Systematic Theology I||3|
|27070||Systematic Theology II||3|
|27080||Systematic Theology III||3|
|28500||Worldview and Apologetics||3|
|29250||Survey of Christian Ethics||3|
|40150||Personal Spiritual Disciplines||3|
|Missions, Evangelism and Ministry (24 hours)|
|30000||Christian Preaching2 or||3|
|30020||Preaching Practicum2 or||3|
|40200||The Worshiping Church|
|32960||Introduction to Missiology||3|
|32980||World Religions and Christian Mission||3|
|34300||Introduction to Biblical Counseling||3|
|40800||Christian Leadership or||3|
|45260||Discipleship and Family Ministry||3|
|BGS Applied Ministry: 44920 or 44930||1|
|Free Electives (can be taken in either BGS/SOT)||18|
|Total Hours: Master of Divinity (88 hours)|
*See Written Communication Requirement in Academic Section.
1 Elementary Language courses may be counted as free elective courses for Billy Graham School students.
2 Courses 30000, 30020, and 40301 are reserved for men.