Master of Arts in Youth and Family Ministry
The Master of Arts in Youth and Family Ministry is a practitioner’s degree program that prepares persons for specialized service in local church youth ministry. The program integrates theology with principles of effective youth ministry. It includes courses in theological studies, biblical studies, and historical studies as well as Christian education, and leadership studies. Graduates of this program will be prepared for ministries in discipleship, youth ministry, children’s ministry, college ministry, and denominational roles in youth ministry as well as with para-church youth ministry organizations.
- Students will be able to demonstrate a growing, Christlike character and a sense of God’s calling to ministry.
- Students will be able to understand the Christian worldview and have a global vision for fulfilling the Great Commission.
- Students will be able to demonstrate significant knowledge of the Bible, interpret Scripture’s original meaning, and apply Scripture to contemporary situations.
- Students will be able to integrate systematic and historical theology into a larger biblical framework.
- Students will be able to demonstrate competence in the area of youth and family ministry.
|31980||Written Communication (if required)||(2)|
|Biblical and Theological Studies (27 hours)|
|20200||Introduction to the Old Testament I||3|
|20220||Introduction to the Old Testament II||3|
|22200||Introduction to the New Testament I||3|
|22220||Introduction to the New Testament II||3|
|25100||Introduction to Church History I or Introduction to Church History II||3|
|27060||Systematic Theology I||3|
|27070||Systematic Theology II||3|
|27080||Systematic Theology III||3|
|Missions, Evangelism, and Ministry (12 hours)|
|32960||Introduction to Missiology||3|
|35040||Leadership and Family Ministry||3|
|40080||Pastoral Leadership1 or|
|40200||The Worshiping Church||3|
|Youth and Family Ministry Studies (12 hours)|
|41800||Introduction to Youth and Family Ministry||3|
|Choose 3 courses from below:|
|46000||Youth Development and Ministry||3|
|46100||Ministry to Adolescents in Crisis||3|
|46105||Effective Communication to Adolescents||3|
|46115||Program Development and Planning in Youth Ministry||3|
|46120||Strategies for Campus Outreach||3|
|BGS Applied Ministry (2 hours)|
|Youth and Family Ministries Studies||12|
|BGS Applied Ministry
1Pastoral Leadership (40080) is reserved for men. Women will take The Worshiping Church (40200).