Master of Arts in Leadership
The Master of Arts in Leadership is a practitioner’s degree program that prepares persons for specialized ministry in church administration and/or leadership. The program integrates theology with leadership through an expanded curriculum of leadership courses. Graduates of this program will be prepared for ministries in discipleship, church administration, and executive or denominational leadership.
- Students will be able to demonstrate a growing, Christlike character and a sense of God’s calling to ministry.
- Students will be able to understand the Christian worldview and have a global vision for fulfilling the Great Commission.
- Students will be able to demonstrate significant knowledge of the Bible, interpret Scripture’s original meaning, and apply Scripture to contemporary situations.
- Students will be able to integrate systematic and historical theology into a larger biblical framework.
- Students will be able to demonstrate competence in local church leadership.
|31980||Written Communication (if required)||(2)|
|Biblical and Theological Studies (27 hours)|
|20200||Introduction to the Old Testament I||3|
|20220||Introduction to the Old Testament II||3|
|22200||Introduction to the New Testament I||3|
|22220||Introduction to the New Testament II||3|
|25100||Introduction to Church History I or Introduction to Church History II||3|
|27060||Systematic Theology I||3|
|27070||Systematic Theology II||3|
|27080||Systematic Theology III||3|
|Missions, Evangelism, and Ministry (12 hours)|
|32960||Introduction To Missiology||3|
|35040||Leadership and Family Ministry||3|
|40080||Pastoral Leadership1 or|
|40200||The Worshiping Church||3|
|Leadership Studies (12 hours)|
|40080||Pastoral Leadership2 or|
|42210||Team Ministry Relations||3|
|42450||Change and Conflict Management||3|
|45150||Worldview, Culture, and Discipleship||3|
|BGS Applied Ministry: 44920 (2 hours)|
|BGS Applied Ministry||2|
1Pastoral Leadership (40080) is reserved for men. Women will take The Worshiping Church (40200).
2Pastoral Leadership (40080) is reserved for men. Women will take Team Ministry Relations (42210).