Master of Arts in Discipleship and Family Ministry
The Master of Arts in Discipleship and Family Ministry is a practitioner’s degree program that prepares persons for specialized ministry in discipleship and/or family ministry. The program integrates theology with discipleship and/or family ministry but also includes foundational coursework in leadership. Graduates of this program will be prepared for ministries in discipleship and children’s and family ministry.
- Students will be able to demonstrate a growing, Christlike character and a sense of God’s calling to ministry.
- Students will be able to understand the Christian worldview and have a global vision for fulfilling the Great Commission.
- Students will be able to demonstrate significant knowledge of the Bible, interpret Scripture’s original meaning, and apply Scripture to contemporary situations.
- Students will be able to integrate systematic and historical theology into a larger biblical framework.
- Students will be able to demonstrate competence in the area of discipleship and family ministry.
|31980||Written Communication (if required)||(2)|
|Biblical and Theological Studies (39 hours)|
|20200||Introduction to the Old Testament I||3|
|20220||Introduction to the Old Testament II||3|
|22200||Introduction to the New Testament I||3|
|22220||Introduction to the New Testament II||3|
|26200||Southern Baptist Heritage and Mission||3|
|27060||Systematic Theology I||3|
|27070||Systematic Theology II||3|
|27080||Systematic Theology III||3|
|32960||Introduction to Missiology||3|
|40150||Personal Spiritual Discipline||3|
|40200||The Worshiping Church||3|
|Discipleship and Family Ministry Concentration (21 hours)|
|35100||Mariage and Family Counseling||3|
|45150||Worldview, Culture and Discipleship||3|
|45260||Discipleship and Family Ministry||3|
|BGS Applied Ministry: 44920 or 44930 (1 hour)|
|Writen Communication (if required)||+2|