Master of Arts in Christian Education
The Master of Arts in Christian Education is a professional degree program that prepares persons for specialized ministry in Christian education and/or leadership. The program integrates theology with Christian education and leadership and also allows students to select an emphasis in one specialized area of ministry. Graduates of this program will be prepared for ministries in discipleship, youth and children’s ministry, and executive leadership.
- Students will be able to demonstrate a growing, Christlike character and a sense of God’s calling to ministry.
- Students will be able to understand the Christian worldview and have a global vision for fulfilling the Great Commission.
- Students will be able to demonstrate significant knowledge of the Bible, interpret Scripture’s original meaning, and apply Scripture to contemporary situations.
- Students will be able to integrate systematic and historical theology into a larger biblical framework.
- Students will be able to demonstrate competence in various educational ministries.
|31980||Written Communication (if required)||(2)|
|Biblical and Theological Studies (27 hours)|
|20200||Introduction to the Old Testament I||3|
|20220||Introduction to the Old Testament II||3|
|22200||Introduction to the New Testament I||3|
|22220||Introduction to the New Testament II||3|
|25100 25120||Introduction to Church History I or II||3|
|27060||Systematic Theology I||3|
|27070||Systematic Theology II||3|
|27080||Systematic Theology III||3|
|Ministry and Proclamation (2 hours)|
|40150||Personal Spiritual Disciplines||2|
|Missions, Evangelism, and Ministry (6 hours)|
|35040||Leadership and Family Ministry||3|
|Christian Education Studies (12 hours)|
|45150||Worldview, Culture, and Discipleship||3|
|45250||Family Ministry Through the Lifespan||3|
|BGS Electives (12 hours)|
|BGS Applied Ministry: 44920 (2 hours)|
|• Written Communication (if required)||+2|
1Pastoral Leadership (40080) is reserved for men. Women will substitute any Women’s Ministry Course (48xxx).