Master of Arts in Church Ministries
The Master of Arts in Church Ministries is a ministry practitioner’s degree that prepares persons for a variety of supporting ministries in the local church or in Christian ministries. The program integrates theology with leadership studies and provides a broad curricular experience that includes missions, evangelism, worship, and worldview. Graduates of this program will be equipped to lead in several areas, including discipleship, youth and children’s ministry, college ministry, women’s ministry, and executive or denominational leadership.
- Demonstrates a growing, Christlike character and a sense of God’s calling to ministry.
- Understands the Christian worldview and has a global vision for fulfilling the Great Commission.
- Demonstrates significant knowledge of the Bible, can interpret Scripture’s original meaning, and apply Scripture to contemporary situations.
- Integrates systematic and historical theology into a larger biblical framework.
- Demonstrates competence in local church leadership.
|31980||Written Communication (if required)||(2)|
|Master of Arts Core Studies (39 hours)|
|20200||Introduction to the Old Testament I||3|
|20220||Introduction to the Old Testament II||3|
|22200||Introduction to the New Testament I||3|
|22220||Introduction to the New Testament II||3|
|26200||Southern Baptist Heritage and Mission||3|
|27060||Systematic Theology I||3|
|27070||Systematic Theology II||3|
|27080||Systematic Theology III||3|
|32960||Introduction to Missiology||3|
|40160||Personal Spiritual Disciplines||3|
|40200||The Worshiping Church||3|
|Church Ministries Concentration (21 hours)|
|35100||Marriage and Family Counseling or||3|
|41800||Introduction to Youth and Family Ministry|
|45150||Worldview, Culture and Discipleship||3|
|45250||Family Ministry Through the Lifespan||3|
|45260||Discipleship and Family Ministry||3|
|45800||Discipling Children or||3|
|46000||Youth Ministry and Discipleship|
|BGS Applied Ministry: 44920 or 44930 (1 hour)|
|Written Communication (if required)||+2|