The Diploma in Church Ministries program is offered to a limited number of students who are high school graduates but who do not have a baccalaureate degree. Candidates must be at least 30 years of age to be admitted to the Diploma in Church Ministries program. Up to 12 semester hours of transfer credit can be applied to the Diploma in Church Ministries program if they are taken through Seminary Extension (a ministry education system of the six theological seminaries of the Southern Baptist Convention) or Boyce College.
- Students will be able to demonstrate a growing, Christlike character and a sense of God’s calling to ministry.
- Students will be able to understand the Christian worldview and have a global vision for fulfilling the Great Commission.
- Students will be able to demonstrate significant knowledge of the Bible, interpret Scripture’s original meaning, and apply Scripture to contemporary situations.
- Students will be able to integrate systematic and historical theology into a larger biblical framework.
- Students will be able to display a biblical vision for ministry and lead with humble authority.
- Students will be able to preach/ teach Scripture clearly and passionately so as to engage the mind and move the heart.
- Students will be able to demonstrate competent leadership in local church leadership.
|31980||Written Communication (if required)*||(2)|
|Biblical and Theological Studies (29 hours)|
|20200||Introduction to the Old Testament I||3|
|20220||Introduction to the Old Testament II||3|
|22200||Introduction to the New Testament I||3|
|22220||Introduction to the New Testament II||3|
|25100 or 25120||Introduction to Church History I or II||3|
|27060||Systematic Theology I||3|
|27070||Systematic Theology II||3|
|27080||Systematic Theology III||3|
|40150||Personal Spiritual Disciplines||2|
|Missions, Evangelism, and Ministry (6 hours)|
|35040||Leadership and Family Ministry||3|
|Church Ministries Studies (24 hours)|
|41500||The Role of the Associate Minister||3|
|42210||Team Ministry Relations||3|
|45150||Worldview, Culture and Discipleship||3|
|45250||Family Ministry Through the Lifespan||3|
|Choose two of the following:|
|41800||Introduction to Youth and Family Ministry||3|
|45260||Discipleship and Family Ministry||3|
|BGS Applied Ministry: 44920 (2 hours)|
|Christian Ministries and Field Education||26|
|*See Written Communication Requirement in Academic Section.|