M.A. – Missiology
The Master of Arts in Missiology is a graduate degree designed to provide training for missionaries and others who serve or plan to serve in intercultural ministry and church multiplication positions.
Students must have declared a call to missions. In general, it is assumed that those who will serve in a teaching/preaching position will enroll in the M.Div. degree. Students who desire to do doctoral work should also be aware that the M.A.Miss. degree is a prerequisite degree for only the Doctor of Missiology degree, and entrance to that degree requires a minimum of two years of full-time cross-cultural experience.
- Students will be able to demonstrate a growing, Christlike character and a sense of God’s calling to ministry.
- Students will be able to understand the Christian worldview and have a global vision for fulfilling the Great Commission.
- Students will be able to demonstrate significant knowledge of the Bible, interpret Scripture’s original meaning, and apply Scripture to contemporary situations.
- Students will be able to integrate systematic and historical theology into a larger biblical framework.
- Students will be able to demonstrate competent leadership in cross-cultural ministries and church multiplication.
- Church planting
- Cross-cultural evangelism
- International missions
- North American missions
- Urban evangelism
- Missionary spouses
|31980||Written Communication (if required)*||(2)|
|Master of Arts Core Studies (30 hours)|
|20200||Introduction to the Old Testament I||3|
|20220||Introduction to the Old Testament II||3|
|22200||Introduction to the New Testament I||3|
|22220||Introduction to the New Testament II||3|
|26200||Southern Baptist History, Heritage and Mission||3|
|27060||Systematic Theology I||3|
|27070||Systematic Theology II||3|
|27080||Systematic Theology III||3|
|40150||Personal Spiritual Disciplines||3|
|Missiology Concentration (30 hours)|
|32310||Spiritual Warfare in Evangelism and Missions||3|
|32750||History of Christian Missions||3|
|32860||Biblical Basis of Christian Missions||3|
|32960||Introduction to Missiology||3|
|32980||World Religions and Christian Mission||3|
|33020||Leadership in Intercultural Contexts||3|
|33830||Intercultural Church Planting||3|
|BGS Applied Ministry: 44920 or 44930 (1 hours)|
|Total Master of Arts in Missiology Requirements||61|
|Written Communication (if required)||+2|
*See Written Communication Requirement in Academic Section.