M.A. – Missiology
The Master of Arts in Missiology is a graduate degree designed to provide training for missionaries and others who serve or plan to serve in intercultural ministry and church multiplication positions.
Students must have declared a call to missions. In general, it is assumed that those who will serve in a teaching/preaching position will enroll in the M.Div. degree. Students who desire to do doctoral work should also be aware that the M.A.Miss. degree is a prerequisite degree for only the Doctor of Missiology degree, and entrance to that degree requires a minimum of two years of full-time cross-cultural experience.
- Students will be able to demonstrate a growing, Christlike character and a sense of God’s calling to ministry.
- Students will be able to understand the Christian worldview and have a global vision for fulfilling the Great Commission.
- Students will be able to demonstrate significant knowledge of the Bible, interpret Scripture’s original meaning, and apply Scripture to contemporary situations.
- Students will be able to integrate systematic and historical theology into a larger biblical framework.
- Students will be able to demonstrate competent leadership in cross-cultural ministries and church multiplication.
- Church planting
- Cross-cultural evangelism
- International missions
- North American missions
- Urban evangelism
- Missionary spouses
|31980||Written Communication (if required)u||(2)|
|Biblical and Theological Studies (29 hours)|
|20200||Introduction to the Old Testament I||3|
|20220||Introduction to the Old Testament II||3|
|22200||Introduction to the New Testament I||3|
|22220||Introduction to the New Testament II||3|
|26100||History of the Baptists||3|
|27060||Systematic Theology I||3|
|27070||Systematic Theology II||3|
|27080||Systematic Theology III||3|
|40150||Personal Spiritual Disciplines||2|
|Great Commission Studies (30 hours)|
|32980||World Religions and Christian Mission||3|
|32960||Introduction to Missiology||3|
|33820||Introduction to Church Planting||3|
|35040||Leadership and Family Ministry||3|
|Great Commission Ministries Electives1||12|
|BGS Applied Ministry: 44930 (2 hours)|
|Total Master of Arts in Missiology Requirements||61|
|Written Communication (if required)||+2|
uSee Written Communication Requirement in Academic Section.
1Specializations are available within the Master of Arts in Missiology degree program. Consult with the Associate Dean for Christian Missions for further guidance in this area.