M.A. – Theological Studies – Intercultural Leadership
The Master of Arts in Theological Studies for Intercultural Leadership (MATSIL) is a graduate degree designed to provide training for persons whose career goals require knowledge and skills for living and working in intercultural settings. Admission to this program is restricted to only those who are under appointment by the International Mission Board, the North American Mission Board, or other approved Great Commission groups, and are serving on the field currently. Admission is contingent upon appointment status as well as the approval of the missions agency.
The MATSIL degree is now available fully online!
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com
- Students will be able to understand the Christian worldview and have a global vision for fulfilling the Great Commission.
- Students will be able to demonstrate significant knowledge of the Bible, interpret Scripture’s original meaning, and apply Scripture to contemporary situations.
- Students will be able to integrate systematic and historical theology into a larger biblical framework.
- Students will be able to demonstrate a focused knowledge of intercultural leadership within the context of Christian missions.
- For appointed missionaries only
|31980||Written Communication (if required)*||(2)|
|Master of Arts Core Studies (27 hours)|
|20200||Introduction to the Old Testament I||3|
|20220||Introduction to the Old Testament II||3|
|22200||Introduction to the New Testament I||3|
|22220||Introduction to the New Testament II||3|
|26200||Southern Baptist Heritage and Mission||3|
|27060||Systematic Theology I||3|
|27070||Systematic Theology II||3|
|27080||Systematic Theology III||3|
|Great Commission Studies (21 hours)|
|32960||Introduction to Missiology||3|
|32980||World Religions and Christian Mission||3|
|33410||Language Learning for Missionaries||3|
|33420||Cultural Acquisition for Missionaries||3|
|33830||Intercultural Church Planting||3|
|Written Communication (if required)||+2|
*See Written Communication Requirement in Academic Section.