Master of Divinity with a Concentration in Worship Leadership
Concentration in Worship Leadership
The Master of Divinity with a concentration in Worship Leadership is designed for persons who wish to prepare for worship and church music ministry positions but who desire a more extensive biblical, historical, and theological focus. This degree is designed to prepare persons for leading worship ministry in churches as well as careers in denominational or institutional work.
- Students will be able to demonstrate a growing, Christlike character and a sense of God’s calling to ministry.
- Students will be able to understand the Christian worldview and have a global vision for fulfilling the Great Commission.
- Students will be able to demonstrate significant knowledge of the Bible, interpret Scripture’s original meaning, and apply Scripture to contemporary situations.
- Students will be able to integrate systematic and historical theology into a larger biblical framework.
- Students will be able to display a biblical vision for ministry and lead with humble authority.
- Students will be able to preach/teach Scripture clearly and passionately so as to engage the mind and move the heart.
- Students will be able to demonstrate competent leadership in local church leadership.
|31980||Written Communication (if required)||(2)|
|Biblical and Theological Studies (45 hours)|
|20200||Introduction to the Old Testament I||3|
|20220||Introduction to the Old Testament II||3|
|20440||Hebrew Syntax and Exegesis or||3|
|22440||Greek Syntax and Exegesis|
|22200||Introduction to the New Testament I||3|
|22220||Introduction to the New Testament II||3|
|25100||Introduction to Church History I||3|
|25120||Introduction to Church History II||3|
|26200||Southern Baptist Heritage and Mission||3|
|27060||Systematic Theology I||3|
|27070||Systematic Theology II||3|
|27080||Systematic Theology III||3|
|28500||Worldview and Apologetics||3|
|29250||Survey of Christian Ethics||3|
|40150||Personal Spiritual Disciplines||3|
|Missions, Evangelism and Ministry (15 hours)|
|30000||Christian Preaching1 or||3|
|32960||Introduction to Missiology||3|
|32980||World Religions and Christian Mission||3|
|45260||Discipleship and Family Ministry||3|
|Worship Leadership (28 hours)|
|40200||The Worshiping Church||3|
|40605||Psalms, Hymns, and Spiritual Songs||2|
|40610||Discipling Music Ministry I||2|
|40615||Discipling Music Ministry II||2|
|40620||Worship Leadership and Design||2|
|40625||Vocal Ensemble Leadership||2|
|40630||Worship Band Techniques||2|
|40635||Technology for Music and Worship Ministry||2|
|40670||Song Writing for Worship Leaders||2|
|40680||Worship Band Lab: Guitar2||1/2|
|40681||Worship Band Lab: Keyboard2||1/2|
|40682||Worship Band Lab: Bass Guitar2||1/2|
|40683||Worship Band Lab: Drum Set2||1/2|
|41016||Integrative Seminar in Church Music & Worship||1|
|Applied Concentration (two semesters/project)||4|
|Ensembles (4 semesters)3||0|
|Worship Leadership Field Education (1 hours)|
|40693||Worship Leadership Field Education: Leadership||1/2|
|40694||Worship Leadership Field Education: Current Trends||1/2|
|Worship Leadership/Field Education||28|
|Elementary Hebrew (if required)||3|
|Elementary Greek (if required)||3|
|Written Communication (if required)||2|
1Christian Preaching (30000) is reserved for men. Women will take Christian Teaching (45400).
2Students who demonstrate proficiency may substitute a level II Worship Band Lab course (40684-40687).
3A minimum of two semesters of Ensembles must be Southern Chorale.