Students will be able to…
- Demonstrate a growing, Christ-like character and a sense of God’s calling to ministry.
- Understand the Christian worldview and have a global vision for fulfilling the Great Commission.
- Demonstrate significant knowledge of the Bible, interpret Scripture’s original meaning, and apply Scripture to contemporary situations.
- Integrate systematic and historical theology into a larger biblical framework.
- Display a biblical vision for ministry and lead with humble authority.
- Preach/teach Scripture clearly and passionately so as to engage the mind and move the heart.
This core curriculum is required in all Master of Divinity concentrations, although some concentrations may replace core courses with advanced elective courses.
|31980||Written Communication (if required)2||(2)|
|Biblical and Theological Studies||42|
|20200||Introduction to the Old Testament I||3|
|20220||Introduction to the Old Testament II||3|
|20440||Hebrew Syntax and Exegesis3 or||3|
|22440||Greek Syntax and Exegesis3|
|22200||Introduction to the New Testament I||3|
|22220||Introduction to the New Testament II||3|
|25100||Introduction to Church History I||3|
|25120||Introduction to Church History II||3|
|26200||Southern Baptist Heritage and Mission||3|
|27060||Systematic Theology I||3|
|27070||Systematic Theology II||3|
|27080||Systematic Theology III||3|
|29250||Survey of Christian Ethics||3|
|40150||Personal Spiritual Disciplines||3|
|Missions, Evangelism and Ministry||27|
|30000||Christian Preaching or||3|
|30020||Preaching Practicum or||3|
|40200||The Worshiping Church4|
|32960||Introduction to Missiology||3|
|32980||World Religions and Christian Mission5||3|
|34300||Introduction to Biblical Counseling||3|
|40080||Christian Leadership or||3|
|45260||Discipleship and Family Ministry||3|
|44910||Applied Ministry: School of Theology or||1|
|44920||Applied Ministry: Billy Graham School or|
|44930||Applied Ministry: Mission Trips/Partnership|
|Free Electives or Concentration Courses||18|
|Total Master of Divinity Requirements||88|